IHI Engineering Australia Pty Ltd (IEA)
IEA, the Australian arm of IHI, is a complete engineering, procurement, construction and maintenance contractor providing a one-stop-shop solution for customers in Australia-Oceania. Established in 1971 as a subsidiary of IHI Corporation, IEA has drawn on IHI’s global experience to deliver world-class services to our customers in the region.
IEA is constantly striving to improve the quality of life of people by finding new and innovative ways to solve problems.
IEA’s suite of services includes:
- Engineering, Procurement, Construction (EPC) for gas turbine units (power stations)
- EPC for Pulverised Coal-Fired (PCF) boilers and power stations
- EPC for reciprocating gas and diesel engine power stations
- Maintenance, upgrades and technical support for Gas Turbine (GT) and PCF power stations, including major outages, preventive maintenance and emergency repairs
- Supply of gas turbine and boiler spare parts
- Advanced research and development projects (Oxyfuel Carbon Capture and Storage, and others)
- Supply and installation of IHI products (port handling, X-ray scanner, forklifts and others)
Please see IEA’s product range section for more details.
IEA attributes all of its success to its people. The company culture is influenced by its Japanese roots—with a friendly local atmosphere with global reach and capability. IHI employees pride themselves on long-term employment opportunities and long-term relationships with industry partners and customers.
IEA is a proud supporter of local community charities and has provided financial support to:
- Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal
- Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Sydney Special Children Christmas Party
- Breast Cancer Australia
- Cancer & Bowel Research Trust